The view from here
LinkedIn Kills Products & Services
Earlier this week, LinkedIn removed the Products and Services tab on Company pages. LinkedIn is offering two alternatives for promoting products and services - Showcase Pages and Company Status Updates. Learn more and see which option is best for your brand.
- Showcase Pages allow companies to extend their presence by creating a dedicated page for prominent products and services.
- Followers from your LinkedIn company page will not be transferred over to a Showcase Page and companies will have to put efforts behind building those communities as well as developing messaging focused around that specific product/service.
- Followers will have the option to only follow specific Showcase Pages and brands will be able to target that audience with specific messaging.
- Unlike Company Pages, there is no careers tab at the top of Showcase pages, and these pages link directly back to the Company page. This means Showcase Pages are all centralized around your company and employees cannot be associated with a Showcase Page.
- Take a look at Hewlett-Packard’s Showcase Page for an example. Notice they provide different messaging and have different followers on this Showcase Page when compared to their main LinkedIn company page.
Company Status Updates
- These posts to your company page have always been important, but will now be even more crucial for highlighting your products and services.
- When followers engage with updates, it spreads that message to their networks and provides even greater reach for brands, as updates can be seen not just on company pages, but also on followers’ newsfeeds (across all devices including mobile).
Of course, brands can opt to create Showcase Pages and continue to use Status Updates to promote specific services to their larger community of followers. Before creating Showcase Pages, make sure to consider the following:
- Do you have the resources to maintain an active presence on your Showcase Pages?
- Do you want to build long-term relationships with customers around specific business units or products? If so, Showcase Pages may be right for you.
- Remember, Showcase pages are not for short term marketing campaigns (company status updates should be used for campaign promotion).