The view from here
Google Releases Hummingbird While Quietly Killing SEO Keyword DataGoogle took everyone by surprise as it quietly made significant changes to its search capabilities and algorithm. Google transitioned to 100% secure search regardless of whether or not a user is logged into a Google property such as Google+ or Gmail. The result: Google search no longer supplies keyword data from organic search. announcement about the new algorithm and its capabilities. The combination of these two changes prove that Google is serious about moving SEO emphasis away from keyword-centric spam and toward meaningful, high-quality content. Google claims that this algorithm still supports current SEO best practices, techniques and guidelines. However, at BKV, we know that as the technology changes, so do the opportunities. How You Are Immediately Affected By Google’s Updates These changes mean that you can no longer track visits, conversions, bounce rates, etc. in analytics software to identify how your Google search visitors engage with your website based on the keywords they searched to find you. The remaining keywords you see in your analytics software are provided by other search engines besides Google. www.google.com/ you should see search?q=orange indicating your search query was orange. q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDEQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.orange.co.uk%2F&ei=WBtPUuibGoO-8ASL9oHYCg&usg=AFQjCNGdBLhlIEK9LFiF95wdxMoSaJ8nXw&bvm=bv.53537100,d.eWU In the same search in Bing, click on the same website and you’ll see the referrer URL includes q=orange. Referrer: http://www.bing.com/search?q=orange&go=&qs=n&form=QBLH&pq=orange&sc=8-6&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=824950a214bd4357afe3afd8e1415109 How Is BKV's SEO Team Preparing for Google’s Current and Future Changes? We have ways of making your keywords talk! Our SEO reporting will now include insight from other sources to replace not provided Google Analytics keyword data.
- We will continue to report and gain insight from engagement and conversions at a keyword level using keyword data from other sources including Google paid search and other organic search engines that continue to pass keyword data.
- We will leverage Webmaster Tools data for impressions and clicks to see which keywords drive Google organic search traffic to your site.
- We monitor and test rich snippet technologies and upgrade you when Google supports new sections of the vast Schema.org vocabulary.
- We proactively edit your Knowledge Graph sources such as Wikipedia and Google+.
- We leverage your physical business locations across multiple online channels to increase brand authority and local search signals.