The view from here
Get to Know…Zach LaVoy
From being an influential player on BKV's agency softball team to providing us all with a good laugh and some eclectic music taste. Meet a man who has been committed to BKV for more than 10 years!
1. Position: Management Supervisor
2. How long have you been at BKV? 10+ years
3. What accounts do you work on? DS Waters, Dell SecureWorks, Apartment Guide, and several fledgling accounts
4. So you are born and raised in Norcross, what is one of your fondest childhood memories? Hmmm, fondest memories… How about some vivid memories like the time my buddy was standing on a yellow jackets’ nest for so long that when he finally lifted his foot about 100 yellow jackets flew up his pant leg? Or, how about the time I was at the Gwinnett County High School Golf Championship and one of the players in my group wet himself while standing over a putt on the 16th green? I have about 15 more but I’ll stop because I’m seeing the difference between fondest and most vivid memory as I’m writing these.
5. Zach, some people that have ridden with you, say that you have an eclectic selection in music. True? Eclectic is definitely a good way to describe my music selection. I always indoctrinate my softball carpoolers with a little Too $hort. He always gets us pumped up before the game. I’ll also throw in some Rolling Stones, Goodie Mob, Willie Nelson, Beatles, Gnarls Barkley, basically, whatever I feel like.
6. We know you are an avid sports fan and know you love your Bulldogs, any other teams you love? As much as I love the Bulldawgs, my first team is the Atlanta Falcons. I watched them long before the Dawgs and I’ve been a season ticket holder for 10 years now. I think the biggest thrill I could get from a sporting event would be if the Falcons won the Super Bowl in dramatic fashion. I’m not greedy, I just want one.
7. BKV has a herd of TV fanatics. What’s your favorite TV show? Pardon the Interruption (PTI) is my favorite TV show of all time. However, for must-see-TV that just started new seasons, it is hard to go wrong with Game of Thrones and Mad Men.
8. Current top five playlist: My top 5 plays on iTunes rarely changes because I’m the type of person that listens to the same song over and over until I get tired of it. These are basically the oldest songs I’ve listened to over and over again, even though I may not be listening to them at the moment:
- Brandy, Looking Glass
- I Want You Back, The Jackson 5
- Sweet Virginia, The Rolling Stones
- Got Your Money, Ole Dirty Bastard
- Whiskey River, Willie Nelson