Stacy is our fearless media team leader. With over 20 years of experience leading results-oriented direct marketing campaigns, Stacy has used her knowledge to build an incredibly talented media department here at BKV. The best part? She's not only a great leader and mentor, she's a lot of fun too! Read on to learn more about our very own Stacy Pierce.
1. Position: EVP, Chief Media Officer
2. How long have you been at BKV? Over 15 years and I still love it here. I've learned so much at BKV. I'm a direct marketer and proud of it!
3. What would you say the number one factor to your success has been? I do my best to hire and retain great people. It's that simple. Two quotes have always inspired me, so I’ll pass them along because I think they’ve helped me become a better Manager:
"If each of us hires people who are smaller than we are, we shall become a company of dwarfs. But if each of us hires people who are bigger than we are, we shall become a company of giants." - David Ogilvy“Keep making decisions because over time you’ll find you’re making more good ones than bad”. - Brent Kuhn4. If you could give your employees one piece of advice, what would it be? Be a sponge and soak up all there is to learn about direct, new technology and new media channels. If you manage people follow my philosophy: hire & mentor the best & brightest.
5. Your ringtones provide great entertainment for the media department! What are some of your favorites?
My ringtones are unique to the person calling, so there are a lot of good ones. These are probably heard the most around here:
All My Rowdy Friends have settled down: Hank Williams Jr.
Sweet Child of Mine: Guns N'Roses
I Love this Bar: Toby Keith
I Wanna Talk about Me: Toby Keith
The Power of Love: Huey Lewis & the News
Coconut: Harry Nilsson
6. There’s a TV addiction around the office…what’s your favorite TV show? I still love American Idol (I'm a big Carrie Underwood and Phillip Phillips fan), and I can't resist watching the train wreck that is Housewives of Orange County...call it a guilty pleasure!
7. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? When I was a little girl my Mom said I wanted to be the check-out girl at the Acme Supermarket. Once I got older, I always thought I would be a Special Education teacher, but I feel blessed to have lucked into a career in Advertising.
8. If you could move our office anywhere in the world, where would you move it to? (Come on, HAWAII!). Of course it's Hawaii! That's the place everybody wants to go.
9. You’re a world traveler. Share with us your favorite place to visit. Rome is the place to beat for me. I'm heading to the Baltics and Russia this year, so we'll see if a new favorite takes the lead.
10. Current top five playlist? I tend to listen to a lot of classic rock & country music. You'll find Carrie Underwood, Led Zepplin, Abba, The Eagles, The Doors, Huey Lewis and the News on my current playlist. When I need to get into the media spreadsheet zone I listen to Pink Floyd. Phillip Phillips “Volcano” is my most recent download.