The view from here
Get to Know…Nicole Anderson
Nicole lights up the office...
with her happiness and good spirits, but don't you dare come between this girl and her favorite sweet!
1. Position: Assistant Media Planner
2. How long have you been at BKV? I’ve been with BKV for almost a year and a half.
3. What clients do you work on? I work on Kool Smiles, Delta Tech Ops, Fein and SweetFeeney.
4. What’s all the hoopla at your desk for? Is it your birthday or something? Tell us all about it! Did you do anything special? My 24th birthday was actually on Sunday but my wonderful team decorated my cube on Monday. I didn’t do anything too out of the ordinary. I went out with a bunch of my friends and went out to dinner with my family. I was hoping to go to a gun range because I’m terrified of guns so I wanted to try and face that fear of mine. I’ve read too many articles about guns malfunctioning and they just make me super uncomfortable.
5. The one thing that no one in this world better get in the way of when it comes to a love of yours? Well… I’d consider myself a self-proclaimed cupcake connoisseur and I don’t take kindly to sharing. I don’t know what it is about cupcakes but I’ll usually eat about 4-5 at a time… Don’t judge me... I highly recommend the White Chocolate Macadamia cupcakes from CamiCakes.
6. Has Atlanta always been home for you? I always consider Georgia my home. I was born in Charleston, SC but I was raised in Kennesaw, GA. I absolutely love being from the South and living in Georgia.
7. How did you get started here at BKV? I started as a Traditional Media Intern working on Kool Smiles and South University a couple of months after graduating college. BKV has a certain “vibe” to it so I knew that I was in for an interesting ride as soon as I walked in the door. There are a lot of very smart and creative people here so it’s fun to pick people’s brains and learn new ways of doing things.
8. We hear your chats about TV shows with your fellow co-workers! Favorite TV show?? I’ve never really been one to follow sitcoms like Lost and other shows like that, but I’ve become a huge fan of American Horror Story. I love scary movies and the storyline always kept me trying to figure out the plot. I can’t wait for the second season! Some of my co-workers and I started an AHS Discussion Table during lunch while the first season was on. Sorry Marleen for interrupting Family Feud.
9. You are always so fun and willing to participate in BKV costume competitions (yes readers, we have multiple during the year)! Tell everyone about your great Halloween costume from last year: I honestly wasn’t planning on participating because I couldn’t think of anything. Then at the last minute I randomly thought it would be really cool to dress up like Black Swan. I used to dance and I figured the outfit wouldn’t be that hard to put together so I just went for it. Needless to say, Kevin so eloquently dubbed me the “Blacker Swan” and I ended up winning 2nd place (and a 1/2 vacation day).
10. Current top five playlist:
Fool for You – Cee-Lo & Melanie Fiona
One and Only – Adele (I still can’t believe she’s only 23! Her voice is amazing!)
The Vent – Big K.R.I.T
SpottieOttieDopaliscious – Outkast
Everlong – Foo Fighters (I discovered this song on Guitar Hero in college and it one of my favs.)