By BKV in Our People on January 17th, 2013
When your most prized office possession is a picture of Arrowhead stadium – a venue that hosts the Kansas City Chiefs, the NFL’s most under-achieving team, a team that hasn’t won a playoff game in nearly two decades – you have effectively redefined Optimism. Add that to a desire for a deep-fried Twinkie, and you get a man so optimistic Joe Dirt considers him an idol. Meet BKV’s own Dustin “I never pay for an iPad” Leibach.
1. Your position at BKV: Online Program Specialist
2. If you could choose anyone in the world to have lunch with, who would it be and why: Joe Dirt. This is a guy who understands how to be happy with what you have. He constantly finds himself in bad situations but always has the “keep on keepin’ on” attitude. “Life’s a garden. Dig it.”
3. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up: I always wanted to be a player for the Kansas City Chiefs. That does not mean I wanted to be a loser.
4. Favorite restaurant for a business meeting: Jack Stack Barbecue
5. Favorite restaurant for happy hour: Mac’s Sports Pub on Thursday nights – 75 cent drinks!
6. Next big thing: Hopefully my biceps.
7. If you were stuck on an island, what are the two things you would want to have with you:
1. My iPad 1
2. My iPad 2
I won the raffle drawing for the iPad at the BKV holiday party two years in a row! I would figure out a way to get back to some mainland with two iPads.
8. What BKV has taught you: I work with the most unlucky people. Remember – I won the raffle for an iPad. Twice. Dustin 2. Co-workers 0.
9. Favorite cube/office decoration, and why: My 3 ft. x 2 ft. picture of Arrowhead stadium that hangs just above my computer screen.
10. Who’s your celebrity look-alike—or who do people say you look like? Jared from the Subway commercials.
11. Current top five playlist:
When the Levee Breaks – Led Zeppelin
Down Home Girl – Old Crow Medicine Show
Come Gangsta – Tech N9ne
My Sweet Lord – George Harrison
Country Heroes – Hank Williams III