Get to Know…Ashley Reed
By BKV in Our People on November 30th, 2012
1. Position: Social Media Director
2. How long have you been at BKV? Almost 6 months now.
3. What was your first impression of BKV? I really liked it! Everyone was extremely welcoming, and the group camaraderie was apparent. After being with the company for several months now, I can say my first impression was right on! BKV’s work-hard play-hard culture is really great.
4. Have you always lived in Atlanta? I grew up in the ‘burbs in Alpharetta and then went to college in Nashville. After that I moved to D.C. for a few years, but I’m glad to be back in Atlanta. My husband and I live in Candler Park now, and we really enjoy having easy access to all the nearby trails and parks (as does our dog Lucy)!
5. What are your must watch shows on TV right now? Homeland – I’m obsessed! Claire Danes is amazing. Modern Family is also still one of my faves, and I recently got into Grimm, which I think is a pretty underrated show (if you’re into weird magical realism that is…)
6. What’s your favorite part about your job? I’m lucky to be able to work with smart, passionate people. And I’m not just saying that- it’s the truth! I learn something new almost every day. I also like the challenge of staying up-to-date on new social tools and platforms. Things move so quickly in this space – it definitely keeps me on my toes!
7. All the girls in the office love your fashion and would switch closets with you in a heartbeat! Where do you like to shop? Thanks – not sure about that but it’s a very nice compliment nonetheless! I’m a big fan of J.Crew lately. Even though our office is right across the street from the mall, I still do most of my shopping online. Piperlime and Shopbop are two of my personal favorites since they do free shipping and returns.
8. What do you think is the biggest misconception about social media? I’d say the biggest misconception that still exists is that social isn’t measurable. Social is actually highly measurable – right down to likes, clicks and even sales. But in order to successfully track performance, goals and KPI’s need to be established. That’s a critical step. Tracking can then be implemented, which allows us to measure performance and optimize.
9. Favorite vacation spot? That’s a hard one…my husband and I just visited Costa Rica and had a great time there. I’m also partial to southern Spain since that’s where I studied abroad in college. It’s tough to pick just one… there are so many places that I’d like to someday visit.
10. Top 5 Playlist: It’s kind of a random mix right now since the holidays are around the corner and I love Christmas music…
1) I Saw Three Ships – Sufjan Stevens
2) Baby It’s Cold Outside – The Rat Pack
3) I Will Wait – Mumford and Sons
4) Little Talks – Of Monsters and Men
5) Lost in My Mind – The Head and the Heart