The view from here
Facebook’s New Canvas Ads: What You Need to Know
Source: Facebook Canvas
With the amount of time spent on mobile, advertisers are constantly innovating new ways to keep up with consumers. One of the latest and greatest is full-screen, mobile-only advertising experiences. It’s a win-win for any brand. Why? You get the consumers undivided attention and have the ability to be highly interactive.
It’s no shocker that Facebook was among the first to hop on board and launch a new advertising functionality, specifically designed for mobile—Facebook Canvas—a riveting and articulate full-screen experience on Facebook for brands to tell their stories and feature products. Users may be prompted to swipe through a carousel of images, tilt to view a panoramic image or zoom-in to check out images in full detail.
Things you should know:
- Facebook Canvas launched on February 25th, 2016
- This interactive experience is merely one click away from the Facebook Newsfeed and utilizes videos, photos, text and call-to-action buttons
- Canvases open from Facebook ads in the Newsfeed to reveal a full-screen takeover experience
- Android and iOS are both compatible
- Canvas loads 10 times faster than the standard mobile web app (slow load time is one of the top reasons people abandon a website, so this is huge)
- It is a self-service tool within Power Editor — no coding required
Smart and innovative brands are already utilizing these highly effective and easy-to-make Canvas ads. The roster includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Coca-Cola, Lowe’s, Wendy’s, Macy’s, Burberry, ASUS, L’Occitane and Netflix.
Carnival Cruise Lines utilized Canvas to take the user through a virtual experience of the cruise ship as well as its stops, prompting users to “Set Sail on a 5-day Adventure.” While Wendy’s created an ad which thoroughly picked through each ingredient of one of its cheeseburgers.
So, get ready advertising world—the era of highly interactive, full-screen Facebook ads is here—and it’s right at your consumer’s fingertips.
Sound like something your brand could utilize?Contact the experts at BKV today!