Facebook Business Page Redesign: 4 Things to Know
Following Facebook’s recent redesign of user profiles and news feeds, the social network has now started rolling out its updated business pages. This re-launch will introduce new features as well as changes not only to the look of business pages but also to the way admins access crucial information about their page. Here is an overview of what you can expect, according to Facebook’s announcement.
- All of your page’s posts will be displayed on the right side of the timeline, providing visual consistency between posts on the page and in users’ news feeds. Through this change, business pages will appear more similar to user profiles.
- With the one-column design, the left side of the business page will feature business information, depending on the type of business.
- If your business has a brick-and-mortar location, a map along with additional business information, including phone number, hours of business, likes and visits, apps, photos, videos, reviews, posts to your page and pages your page likes will all be displayed on the left-side column.
- For online businesses, the left-side column will include business information along with apps, photos, videos, posts to your page and the pages your page likes.
- Admins will have the freedom to rearrange the order of the left-side column sections. Depending on your business needs and preferences, you could highlight certain sections by moving them to the top of your page.
- If apps are relevant to your page, they will be found both in the left-side column of the page and within the top navigation menu.
- Messages can be viewed in the Activity tab above your cover photo at the top of the page or in the "This Week" box that will run on the right side of the page.
Pages to Watch Feature:
- The newest feature being added to the redesigned business pages is Pages to Watch. This will enable admins to create a list of competitors, monitor their performance and compare statistics, such as page likes, the number of posts this week and engagement.
- Key statistics about the pages you are watching can be found on the Overview tab of Page Insights. The Posts tab will provide insights into the past week’s most engaging posts from the pages you’re watching.
- When your page is added to a watch list, you will receive a notification. However, the name of the page will not be disclosed.
- There are new options located at the top of the page that navigate to activity, audience building, insights, help and settings. The Build Audience tab will redirect you to your Ads Manager account.
- The margins of the page will include information about current ads, new likes and notifications and messages for admins. Clicking anywhere on the This Week section will provide additional details, making it easier for admins to view notifications.
Facebook admins will be offered a tour to explore the redesign and learn to navigate within the new layout before making the switch; however every page will automatically switch to the updated design two weeks after the tour has been viewed.
Need help with the new Facebook redesign? Want to understand how your social media channels are driving ROI? We have the Social Media capabilities to assist you with not only Facebook but all your social media channels.